In its 58th year, Everlasting Kings Park Festival celebrated the extraordinary diversity and beauty of Western Australia’s famous wildflowers throughout September 2022.
WA’s most visited tourist destination – Kings Park and Botanic Garden – was a hive of activity throughout the month, attracting an estimated 400,000 people.
Presented by Kings Park, this year’s Festival showcased the best of WA’s natural and cultural environments, amazing spring displays of wildflowers and many free events including exhibitions, guided walks and talks, workshops and more.
Festival 2022 highlights
- More than 16,000 plants grown this year for the Festival were in bloom across Kings Park.
- Outdoor wellness activities at May Drive Parkland attracted many participants who participated in meditation, tai chi and yoga classes.
- Bike and hike tours, as well as forest therapy were run by local tourism operators.
- Daily wildflower walks and other guided walks on a range of interesting topics including birds, art and history were popular.
- A walk from Kings Park Science and behind-the-scenes tours from Plant Development were highly in-demand.
- A series of workshops and walks from Kings Park horticulturists inspired and informed visitors on native plants for home gardens.
- The famous Friends of Kings Park native plant sale was once again a roaring success with native gardening enthusiasts.
- A glimpse into the creative process at 'Meet the Artist' events in Aspects of Kings Park Gallery Shop was enjoyed by shoppers, and the amazing community art project 'Hort Couture' crocheted dresses were a stunning artistic feature.
- We received many inspiring images during our Flowers in Focus photography competition. You can view the final photographs in an outdoor exhibition in the WA Botanic Garden.
- The Everlasting Kings Park Festival has been held for 58 years since 1964, making it one of the longest running festivals in Australia.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to keep up with the Festival and Kings Park news throughout the year. You may also want to visit our media section for a selection of radio interviews and video clips about the park.