Pay it, report it and find out more


Payments can be made online, in person, by phone or by mail and we accept cash and card. We accept Mastercard and Visa; cash and EFTPOS payments should be made in person at the BGPA Administration.

For payments of venue hire/group bookings, filming and photography permits and education programs please refer to your booking information for how to make a payment. 

To pay a tax invoice, please have your account and invoice numbers ready and know the amount you need to pay. Part payments cannot be accepted. 


BGPA manages Kings Park and Botanic Garden and Bold Park in accordance with the BGPA Regulations 1999

The Regulations cover a wide range of issues to ensure visitor safety and to conserve the managed lands and assets. BGPA may issue infringements for breaches of the Regulations and penalties apply. 

Some actions that may attract infringements include but not limited to parking where not permitted, littering, damage to plants or wildlife, or dogs off leads.

Pay an infringement

Payments can be made by phone, mail, in person or online and no transaction fees or GST apply.

Make a payment via this link.

Infringement process

  1. An infringement notice is issued for a breach of the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority Regulations 1999.
  2. The infringement notice is the first notice and clearly states the alleged offence, registration of the vehicle (if applicable) and the date the payment is due. The payment period is 28 days from the infringement issue date. This notice may be attached to the vehicle or posted.
  3. If payment is not received within 28 days, a final demand notice will be issued with an additional cost of $26.10 and a further 28 day payment period.
  4. If the final demand notice has not been paid by the due date or you have not requested the infringement to be reviewed (appeal or driver nomination), the matter is referred to the Fines Enforcement Registry (FER). This will result in additional fees and may result in the suspension of your driver's licence or vehicle registration. Refer to the FinesPenalties and Infringement Notices Enforcement Act 1994 for further detail.

If your infringement has been referred to FER, please contact them directly:

Fines Enforcement Registry
GPO Box X2293
Perth WA 6847Ph: 1300 650 235 

  1. At any point in the process, the alleged offender can elect to take the matter to court (see below).

Nominate another driver

Infringements are issued to the registered vehicle owner in the first instance. 

If the owner was not the driver or the person in charge of the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence, or sold the vehicle prior to the offence, the owner has 28 days from the issue date of the 'infringement notice' to nominate and supply details of the driver or person in charge (Section49Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority Act 1998).

To nominate the driver or person in charge of the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence, please complete and return the Nominate another driver form

Appeal an infringement

In very limited circumstances, the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority may be prepared to assess an infringement.

If you were the driver of the vehicle or alleged offender and wish to appeal your infringement and can supply evidence to support your claim, you must write to the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority and request the infringement to be withdrawn. Appeals will not be accepted by phone.

To appeal an infringement, please complete and return the form below, along with your supporting evidence. Request to review an infringement notice form

Appeals will only be considered once for any infringement.  If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the appeal, you may elect to take the matter to court.

Take the matter to court

In the first instance,an infringement appeal should be lodged.

To take the matter to court, please download, complete, and return the form: Request to take matter to court form 

BGPA will refer the matter to the State Solicitor's Office (SSO).  Once referred to the SSO, please contact them directly:

State Solicitor
GPO Box F317
Perth, WA, 6841
Phone: 13 67 57

If your court action is unsuccessful, you may be liable for additional court fees.

Feedback, complaints and reporting issues

We work with the community and our stakeholders to deliver a positive experience for our visitors, online and in person, through quality visitor experiences, services and facilities and access to information. 

Kings Park and Botanic Garden and Bold Park are natural environments and parks that are open 24 hours a day seven days a week, sometimes things occur that are outside of our control, such as tree limbs falling, graffiti or vandalism. 

We are committed to continuous improvement, and we are happy to receive any feedback. 

To make a suggestion on how we can improve, make a complaint or to report an issue, please contact Enquiries.

Lost property

If you have visited Kings Park or Bold Park and have misplaced or lost personal items please send your contact details, a description of the item/s, the date and approximate location where you lost the items to Enquiries.

If you have lost valuable items, we recommend you report the matter to the WA Police. If you have had items stolen, please report the matter to WA Police as soon as possible on 131 444 or at

Freedom of Information

The Freedom of Information Act 1992 provides members of the public with the right to apply for access to the vast majority of the records held by BGPA.

You may also apply for access to personal information about you that is contained in BGPA documents, and you can correct that information if it is incorrect, inaccurate, out of date, or misleading.

To find out more or to submit a Freedom of Information request, visit the DBCA website.

Public Interest Disclosure

BGPA is committed to the aims and objectives of the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003. We recognise the value and importance of the contributions of staff to enhance administrative and management practices and strongly support disclosures being made by staff or the community regarding corrupt and improper conduct.

Information on why and how to make a disclosure is available on the DBCA website or by contacting the PID Officer.

Diversity, access and inclusion

We are committed to facilitating the inclusion of people with disability through the improvement of access to our parks, facilities and services. 

BGPA’s strategies for maintaining and improving access and inclusion are incorporated into the DBCA Diversity, Access and Inclusion Plan 2021-2025