The planting of trees as a dedication to individual Service personnel who gave their lives while serving their countries in time of war seems to be an Australian innovation. The idea was taken up in Kings Park in 1918 by Mr Arthur Lovekin, an original member of the Kings Park Board. Dedication plaques sit at the base of each tree along along May Drive, Lovekin Drive and Marri Walk. Dedication ceremonies on the honour avenues are now held four times a year for approved plaques.

Print friendly version: pdfMemorial Plaques location map1.18 MB

Map showing the location of memorial plaques along Kings Park's honour avenues