Education Volunteers spark students' imagination with nature-based activities and learning by assisting Kings Park Education staff with school groups, holiday programs and community workshops.
Who we are looking for
People who are fit and active, friendly, outgoing, from a variety of age groups and backgrounds. We want people who are enthusiastic and able to relate to children of all ages and are willing to play, assist with preparation tasks and get involved with hands-on activities. We desire reliable people who have a passion for the great outdoors and can break down tasks and deliver instructions in a positive way.
What you will be doing
- Welcome schools on arrival and assist with movement through the site and orientation of facilities
- Help children with guided tasks like bug hunting, pond-dipping, cubby building and damper making
- Assist the Nature Activities Officer as required
- Assist Education Officers to deliver programs to students
- Encourage a safe and fun experience for students and visitors to Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park
- Set up and pack down education equipment
- Get involved with occasional special events, school holiday programs and community workshops
- Assist with school program resourcing, equipment maintenance and general administration tasks.
Minimum of two shifts per month is required for this position.
- School term shifts: Tuesday - Friday, between 9.30 am and 2.00 pm as required
- School holidays and weekends shifts: TBA
- Upcoming positions are advertised in the Friends of Kings Park member newsletter. To be a Kings Park Education Volunteer you must be a Friends of Kings Park member. To become a Friends of Kings Park member please visit their website for more information.
- Once you have applied via the Friends of Kings Park newsletter advertisement, full details of a interview and shadowing date will be sent to you.
- Attend an induction which includes a site tour, mentoring and training manual.