Filming, photography and media
With exceptional views, beautiful parklands and gardens, and unique urban bushland settings, your next film or photographic shoot could find no better backdrop than Kings Park.
Whether capturing those special moments, promoting your business or undertaking more involved productions, commercial filming and photography within Kings Park and Botanic Garden requires a permit, and fees and conditions do apply.
Visit this page for Bold Park enquiries.
Proposal and wedding photography
Kings Park is the perfect setting for proposals and wedding photography.
If you have booked to hold your wedding ceremony in Kings Park, your photography permit is included with your booking and no further fees apply.
Wedding film and photography is not permitted on the Lotterywest Federation Walkway at any time.
Commercial filming and photography
The natural beauty of Kings Park provides the ideal backdrop fro your commercial project, student assignment or touism campaign. From views of Perth city and the Swan River to rustic bushland settings, you will be sure to find the perfect location.
Filming or photography in the State War Memorial precinct requires written permission from RSLWA. Please speak to the Bookings Officer if this is required.
Students (school, TAFE or university) must make a booking for all shoots but are not required to pay a fee. Student identification must be included with your application.
- The Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority must be acknowledged in all credits.
- Drones can be used by a licensed operator and only in approved locations. Approval is required at the time of booking and is assessed on a case-by-case basis. Recreational use is not permitted.
- More information can be found on our Terms and Conditions page.
Media film and photography
Media applications are accepted for live corsses (i.e. weather report), Government media announcements and news of the day. For all other filming and photography refer to the commercial filming and photograhpy section above. A completed booking form is required and a BGPA media representative should be informed through the media enquiries contact prior to their arrival in the park.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please refer to the frequently asked questions or contact our bookings office.
Fees and charges
Please note that fees and charges are reviewed annually and are subject to change without notice.
- Proposal and wedding photography is $100 per hour.
- Commercial filming and photography is $200 per hour.
- Not for profit organisations are charged at $80 per hour.
- News Media is not required to pay a booking fee.
- Students (school, TAFE or university) are not required to pay a fee.
Fees include GST. All bookings incur a non-refundable fee of $80.
Filming and photography that is considered to cause a higher level of impact on the park may be charged at a higher fee. These applications will be viewed on a case by case basis in accordance with BGPA Regulations.