Working together to survive
The Australian bush is both fragile and harsh. Students are encouraged to respect and protect the natural environmental, while learning how to explore and enjoy it safely. This program is an introduction to bush skills, with activities such as shelter building, finding drinking water, building safe campfires*, making damper/energy snacks and delivering simple first aid.
*Campfires are prohibited in Terms 1 and 4, an alternative activity will be provided
'The students enjoyed the challenge of building shelters, pretending to be inured and making damper.' - Year 5/6 Teacher
By the end of this program students will:
- Work in a team to address a survival scenario and the key needs for survival
- Share observations and undertake shelter construction
- Discuss safe food sources and use basic ingredients to make damper
- Learn how to find clean drinking water and construct a safe fire
- Demonstrate basic first aid principles and strategies
- Discuss and share minimal impact outdoor recreation strategies.
Bookings are essential and fees apply.
Please refer to the Kings Park Education Cancellation Policy before booking this program.
*Also suitable for secondary education support students