'Children are inspired to be curious and develop a sense of wonder about the natural environment'
Join Zippy the dragonfly and his bushland friends as they guide little adventurers on a journey of discovery in Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park.
This outdoor early learning program aims to inspire children’s empathy, curiosity and connection to nature, which growing research suggests has life-long benefits for both health and wellbeing and the conservation of our environment.
Each week, during the 45-minute session, your child’s confidence, knowledge and connection to nature will grow as they enjoy learning about native animals and plants, Noongar culture and caring for the environment. Nature-based experiences cultivates little imaginations, inviting children to follow their wonderings through art in nature, storytelling, exploration and play.
The program is designed over four eight-week terms which build on your child’s developing skills and knowledge to create a holistic learning journey that promotes problem-solving skills and resilience and allows them to gain a deeper understanding of the world around them. Each term can also stand as an enjoyable stand-alone learning experience.
“I've been taking my daughter Olivia to several activities every term for 3 years now, and Zippy's is by far THE BEST WE'VE ATTENDED!"
"Everything about Zippy's is fantastic and it's been the highlight of my week this year. I especially love the topic variety and plenty of hands-on opportunities for the kids. The guest speakers are fabulous too. There's nothing else like it in Perth. I don't have any suggestions on how to improve - it's perfect as it is and I would happily pay more for this program”. Megan, Olivia’s mum
Program dates 2022:
Term 1: bookings closed
- Tuesdays, 15 February to 5 April - 9:30 am
- Wednesdays, 16 February to 6 April - 9.30 am or 10.30 am
- Fridays, 18 February to 8 April - 9.30 am or 10.30 am
Term 2: bookings closed
- Tuesdays, 3 May to 21 June - 9:30 am or 10.30 am
- Wednesdays, 4 May to 22 June - 9.30 am or 10.30 am
- Fridays, 6 May to 24 June - 9.30 am or 10.30 am
- Tuesdays, 26 July to 13 September - 9:30 am
- Wednesdays, 27 July to 14 September - 9.30 am or 10.30 am
- Fridays, 29 July 16 September - 9.30 am or 10.30 am
- Tuesdays, 18 October to 6 December - 9:30 am
- Wednesdays, 19 October to 7 December- 9.30 am or 10.30 am
- Fridays, 21 October to 9 December - 9.30 am or 10.30 am
Cost: $96 for eight-week program.
The session includes 45-minute guided program plus free nature-based play in Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park. Please note that parent/supervisor participation and supervision is required in every session.
Special bookings available for Kindergarten groups. Please contact our Education Bookings Office for more information.
Please refer to the Kings Park Education Cancellation Policy before booking this program.